Sunday, October 25, 2009

Bug Noises - TAKE TWO

After some typical Gibbons drivel in the last couple of posts, I suppose it's about time I updated people on the latest developments with The Bug. This conscientiousness on my part is due to a need I feel to serve my blog-reading public since I added a gadget that tracks the readership and hits Swiss Family Gibbons is attracting. Thanks to all of you - though 'both' would apply on some days - for reading, especially whoever it is in Ethiopia.

Well, the temperature has dropped considerably here in Switzerland in the past week or so - one week, it was mid 20s, and the next it was only a few degrees over above freezing. It's recovered to between 10 and 14 degrees most of the time, but for The Bug, such temperatures necessitate some more suitable clothing...

We have therefore recently bought The Bug her first pair of gloves-on-a-string, which are very cute. We also dug out her winter coat - a pink sheepskin number which, when combined with the mullet she is developing, makes her look like she's off down to Walthamstow for a shifty bet on the dogs.

As well as now being pretty mobile - mainly dragging herself around on her forearms like she's in training for the Marines - she has become more than a little clingy, not wanting to be left alone should Caroline and I be inclined to do... well, anything really. We judge a good reaction to this being when she drags herself over to our feet, raises her arms off the floor and "nnnnnggg"s at us until we pick her up. A bad reaction involves a screech that puts the neighbourhood dogs on alert.

The other major development has been the apprearance of two front feeth in her lower jaw. They broke through a little over a week ago, and will shortly be visible when she smiles - we'll be sure to post a photo up when that happens. In the meantime, here is another montage of some of the more common noises and gesticulations of The Bug, circa 8 months old (I know what the fans of SFG want to see...!)



No comments: